Senior Web Developer (m/f/x)
Shpock is the platform bringing a little joy to the world of selling and buying, making it easy and safe to turn (nearly) anything into cash. With Shpock’s Secure Delivery feature millions of sellers nationwide can receive payments for items and organise shipping easily, all for free. Shpock is owned by Adevinta, a global family of leading marketplace sites, including France’s Leboncoin and Italy’s Subito, and was launched in 2012. Shpock has been downloaded more than 50 million times across Europe and is the winner of Apple’s ‘Best of App’ award in the category ‘Sustainability’ and part of Google’s “Android Excellence Apps”. All of this makes Shpock one of Europe’s most dominant shopping apps.
You will be part of the Transactional Experience Team. This team strives to make the highly complex process of negotiating and buying smooth and easy for our users. As a Senior Web Developer, you bring a first-class buying & selling experience to the users of our web client.
You will work alongside other 6 team members from a diverse set of expertise: Product Manager, Product Design, iOS, Android, Backend (API / Database) and Quality Assurance. You will also be part of the Web Dev team (tribe) that is constituted by 2 senior developers and 3 mid ones. All of them full-stack. You will find friendly and supportive peers that enjoy building high quality and scalable site using modern technologies.
If you think we’re a great fit then we’d love to meet you!
What you will do:
Together with your team, you will write code that is used by millions of users.
Work in an agile environment and collaborate with your squad members to deliver new features our users love
Develop modern and user-friendly websites (main Shpock website and related sub-sites).
You will regularly evaluate and test new and emerging technologies to ensure the faster implementation of features.
Work on bug fixing and improving web application performance.
Work within a supportive, mixed experience team with opportunities to learn and mentor.
In every task, you have the possibility to bring in your own ideas and thereby shape Shpock.
Who are we looking for?
You have some years of experience in professional web development.
Experience with React and Typescript (nice-to-have)
We love writing tests using Jest. We hope you do too.
Experience with Git version control.
Knowledge of GraphQL and REST APIs.
You keep up to date with current and future trends in mobile & web application development.
You are eager to learn new things and proactively suggest improvements.
You know how to find solutions based on requirements.
You are a team player with good written and spoken English skills.
Ideally, you have already worked on high traffic websites.
Experience with module bundlers such as Webpack and continuous integration environments like Travis or GitLab is a nice-to-have.
What we offer:
- Work on a product that impacts millions of users, with the mission to enable everyone to live life to their fullest! Be proud not only to generate excellent user experiences and create great user value but to support our global environment.
- Join at a vital time in our journey to provide a genuine impact on how we evolve.
- Work together with a management that supports change to improve us as a company! We embrace trying out new things and creating new and state of the art processes like our PEAK team set up and our GEMBA walks where we create an environment for regular opportunities to inspect and adapt as a company.
- A transparent culture - we care for each other and always promote radical candor to improve our relationships to help create an environment for success.
- An international working atmosphere in which we get stuff done and a learning environment with the opportunities to get the right development opportunities catered to your needs.
- Family-friendly & work-life balance are no buzz words for us: We offer flexible working hours, remote days, family events and 10 additional vacation days for new parents (when not going on paternity leave).
- Benefits like weekly team breakfasts, yoga, regular team events & more
Your contact person: Tiago Serra
We offer an attractive salary for this position based on your qualifications and experience. Austrian law requires us to post a minimum salary for this position, which is € 45.000,- gross per year (for a full-time job). Of course, we are willing to pay more. We will treat your application in strict confidence!
University Assistant (prae doc)Centre for Molecular BiologyThe Center for Molecular Biology (ZMB) was founded in 2007, centralizing all groups of the University of Vienna working in the field of molecular biology. To promote1 minute agoShareWien, W
Visiting ProfessorshipsSpringer NatureWe are building a unique environment of world-class researchers and industrial-scale real-world data openly shared with the scientific community. We take a proudly25 minute agoShareWien, W
Middle / Senior Android Engineerbloom diagnostics AGCome and innovate for a medical technology company. We believe in a future where healthcare is more accessible. That’s why we work with specialised,5 hour agoShareWien, W
Senior Produktmanager*in Finanzierung (d/m/w)Österreichische PostDie Bankenwelt ist kompliziert. Produkte und Preise sind oft irreführend. Das hat dazu geführt, dass die Distanz zwischen Bank und Mensch, sowie Betreuer und10 hour agoShareWien, W
Specialist Solution Architect - VMware Cloud on AWS, DACHAWS EMEA (Austria)Previous experience consulting on, managing and/or deploying VMware technologies, with hands-on configuration and building experience Broad experience with related1 day agoShareWien, W